Sunday, February 10, 2013

Inscription - Part 2

So it has been a couple days working through the inscription maze and I think I've got everything moving along now.  I crafted somewhere in the neighborhood of 155 different glyphs, at 10 per; totaling to over 1500 glyphs.

I would have been done sooner but ran out of ink a couple times and had to wait for sufficient quantities of reasonably priced herbs to show up.  Turns out that WotLK level herbs are really cheap. I was getting a lot of those for less than 2/3 the cost of Panda herbs, which should really help my profit margin in the end. My only real competition seems to be from one seller who posts rather frequently. I think he tried to scare me out of the market on the first day by crashing everything to 25g but I just waited him out for a day and resumed posting my glyphs at a 1c undercut to his. Typically glyphs are posting around the 44g mark.

Since I started selling late thursday, I have made approximately 2500 gold in this market, with a very large stockpile remaining to sell. I estimate that I invested about 930 stacks of herbs; which, because I got them for never more than 32g/stack and sometimes a lot less, makes it hard to put an exact price tag on it.  I had initially said that my crafting cost was 6.50g/ink // 19.50g/glyph, but I would say that is an incredibly conservative estimate. Probably somewhere closer to 16g per glyph would be more accurate.  The next time I need to restock I will have to keep better records. The math is telling me I spent about 25,000 gold stocking up, but my bankroll hasn't dropped more than about 10 or 15k in the last couple weeks. I guess supplemented by my other investments, it is possible. 

Lets say I spent 25k. I''ve received a 10% return so far, after less than 4 days, with a very active competition for the market. Thats not too bad.  I still have a ways to go, but I don't think I'm going to lose any money on this. If the market stays fairly healthy, and with my main competitor seeming to control it, I have no reason to see why it would change, then I expect to make about double my money over the long term. 

Now I just need to figure out how to tell TSM to restock me without having to go through and manually click which glyphs to make.  Back to the configuration settings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and questions and I will answer them if I can.